The John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club of Newton provides elementary and middle school students with their Out-of-School-Time program…
… and they can’t continue to do this alone. They need your support!
The Boys & Girls Club complements the Newton public schools hybrid program by providing learning, online classroom assistance, homework help, and other programing for safe socialized interactions with other kids.
- Kids are onsite in classrooms 2 days a week for in-person learning
- Kids spend 2 more days a week of remote learning
- Kids may be at the Club when they are not in school for 3 or 5 days a week
- Kids are in small “pods” with the same professional child care staff every day
- This program allows parents to return to work for up to 40+ hours a week knowing their child is being cared for
- They strictly follow all local, state, and federal health protocols to protect all kids and staff against COVID 19
- During the summer, they provided “day camp” for more than 80 kids, 5 days a week for 9 weeks during which no staff member or child tested positive or contracted COVID 19
The Club remains a source of stability, consistency, engagement, and academic achievement. Click here to learn in less than 90 seconds what the Club has been doing this year.
To provide this program for kids comes at a high price. While they offer a sliding scale for tuition fees, they need your support to continue to support tuition discounts for those most-in-need. Many traditional means of support from grants to program fees and from government programs and membership income are no longer available.
Your $10,000 donation provides
Tuition assistance to those in greatest need to attend the Club’s Out-of-School-Time program
Your $5,000 donation provides
Tuition assistance for many to to attend the Club’s Out-of-School-Time program
Your $2,400 donation provides
Two months full tuition assistance for one school student
Your $1,200 donation provides
One month full tuition assistance for one school student
Your $300 donation provides
One week full tuition assistance for one school student