Story Starters is an eight-month program that supports families to become more brave talking about race and skin color. It is a local Newton-based program for 3-5 year-old kiddos in the Newton area. It’s designed to be accessible for families who are just starting to talk about race with their kids. The program helps families of all races practice day-to-day family conversations and actions toward racial justice and equity.
Program participants receive:
- 8 books featuring a racially diverse range of protagonists (one book a month)
- Conversation guides for parents
- Books lists to support further exploration and conversation
- Additional parent resources on how to start and deepen family race conversations
- Invitations to three family events and two parent events to build skills and foster community
- Registration ends on September 23rd, so register today!
Register here www.story-starters.org/registration-payment Participation includes suggested donation, with full and partial scholarships available.