Newton Schools Foundation transforms Newton Inspires into a Virtual Speaker Series
Newton native Jason Hehir, the director of the 2020 Emmy award-winning Michael Jordan documentary The Last Dance, will kick off Newton Schools Foundation’s 10th annual Newton Inspires: A Celebration of Ideas and Community. The live talks and presentations in which notable Newtonians share their interests and passions will be
delivered via Zoom — once a month through October 2021.
November 10th, 7:00 pm
Other monthly presenters include:
- Denise Drower Swidey , PBS producer, food stylist and writer
- Sonja Spears, Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer, Boston Health Care for the Homeless
Program and Chair of the Newton Police Reform Task Force
- Broadway actors and NPS alumni Zachary Baer, Skylar Fox , Tess Primack , and Ryan
Vona with special guest, Adam Brown, director of Theatre Ink at Newton North High
- Sam Vaghar , executive director and co-founder of Millenium Campus Network, an
international nonprofit that trains college students to be leaders in social movements
- Giovanni Fazio, Harvard astrophysicist
- Aixa Beauchamp, philanthropist and Co-Founder of the Latino Legacy Fund at the
Sessions are free, although donations are encouraged and may be made at registration. To register click www.newtonschoolsfoundation.org/newton-inspires
All proceeds support Newton Schools Foundation. NSF funds professional development for Newton educators, grants that give teachers the opportunity to try new approaches in the classroom, and programs that address both racial and income inequities and enable all students to achieve their full potential.
Individuals and businesses wishing to support public education in Newton through a Newton Inspires sponsorship can visit http://newtonschoolsfoundation.org/newton-inspires-sponsor.
This year’s lead sponsors are Northland and The Village Bank. Other supporters include
premium sponsor Mark Development and major sponsor Wegmans.