1. Volunteer in July and August to distribute senior groceries at Newton Housing Authority.
Interested individuals (between the ages of 18-60) will need to commit to every Wednesday in July and August from 9:45 – 11:45 and have their own car. The volunteer will meet at an NHA Housing Complex and be given bags of groceries to carry and drop at residents’ doors. Delivery is contactless. Each week will involve driving to 3 or 4 complexes. Please email Cat Strahan at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 17th if interested in this role.
2. Apply to be one of two Development/ Management interns
The internship would be for a duration of 6 weeks, and would be largely conducted virtually; with certain important aspects of the work to be conducted on site at the NFP.
The main areas of work will be to assist with the preparation of the needs assessment report to aid with the strategic planning process to be undertaken by the NFP Board. The Interns will be given the training and tools needed to complete this work; no previous direct experience is needed. The Interns will assist with: data gathering, data analysis, report writing, document preparation; and other research and writing tasks as needed. To provide essential context for this important work, the Interns will be required to assist with food pantry operations work (sorting or distribution) at least twice a month, the type and details of this hands-on work will be decided with the volunteer coordinator.
The Interns will be supervised by NFP Development Coordinator and Board Members as needed, and will have regular (at least weekly) interaction via phone/ video/ in person meetings as needed.
– Current college student or college graduate.
– Current Newton residents preferred.
– Required skills: good writing and communication skills, basic research skills, task management and project management skills, open & friendly attitude.
– Ability to work independently and problem solve.
– Interested in learning about food insecurity and social issues in our community
– Must have their own computer and internet access; NFP is unable to provide equipment to interns.
Please direct all questions and applications for this role to email@example.com by June 17th.