Are you looking for a fun, affordable, hands-on, and valuable learning experience for your 8th or 9th grader during April break?
Has your 8th or 9th grader expressed an interest in looking for a summer or after school job but isn’t sure where to start or has been turned down because of their age or lack of experience? This program might be for them!
The City of Newton’s Youth Services department is offering a four day half-day workshop at Newton North High School for 8th and 9th graders – When I Grow Up: Discovering Strengths, Passions, and Career Pathways. This week- long, half day workshop will:
– Help students discover personality strengths and build skills in fun, hands-on, team focused games and activities
– Teach 14 and 15-year-olds about where to look for first jobs and what they need to apply
– Discuss and practice how to prepare for first time interviews
– Introduce students to different career pathways during daily visits from local entrepreneurs, business owners, city officials, and even the mayor!
– Give students the opportunity to learn and practice real-life workplace skills with new friends to prepare for first time jobs
Register online at https://www.activityreg.com/selectactivity_t2.wcs?leaguesid=320
For more information, please contact Quinn Etchie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-796-1436.