Free and open to all on Mondays throughout March. Just stop by the Y at 276 Church Street with a valid ID, and they’ll waive the regular guest fees.
Early Spring Programs
Registration for Early Spring Programs is open. Programs run February 26th – April 15th. Visit wsymca.org to register online or stop by the Y’s Welcome Center at 276 Church Street.
- Swim Lessons for all ages
- Youth Sports Leagues & Classes – New Teen Basketball League, Flag Football, Soccer and Karate
- Private Music Lessons and Rock Band Program
- Personal Training
- New! Kids Yoga and Dance Classes
Just for Teens
The West Suburban YMCA offers a safe space for teens to connect with the YMCA community and build relationships with their peers. Drop in to open Rec Time on weeknights, Monday-Thursday from 6:00 – 9:00 pm to spend time with friends or make new ones while playing table games, board games, and Wii! Teens who are looking to make healthy changes or develop fitness goals are invited to try the Y’s Teen Fit program, Monday-Friday from 3:30 – 4:30 pm. To learn more, contact Youth & Teen Program Director, Jeremy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up for Summer Camps!
All summer long, the West Suburban YMCA keeps kids engaged and safe with camp programs. They inspire kids to work and play together, creating friendships that can last a lifetime, and make sure all kids feel welcome and comfortable being themselves. Registration is currently open for all WSYMCA summer camps! Sign up with a $100 deposit per session.
- Day Camps – Weekly sessions, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am –4:00 pm. Daily Swim lessons are included and extended care is available both in the morning and afternoon.
- Camp Chickami is a traditional outdoor camp located in Wayland welcoming boys and girls ages 6-15. Bus transportation is available from the West Suburban YMCA and stops throughout Newton.
- Camp Pikati, located at the West Suburban YMCA, welcomes kids between the ages of 3-15 years with a half-day option young campers (ages 3-4). Pikati campers enjoy weekly themes in the traditional camp program, or they can participate in Pikati Sports Camp.
- Overnight Camp – Camp Frank A. Day is located in East Brookfield and welcomes boys and girls ages 7-15. Spanning 52 acres, Camp Frank A. Day has direct lake access with a beachfront, athletic fields, modern cabins, basketball courts, climbing towers and all the facilities needed to run a fun and safe summer camp.
For more information on summer camps, come to the Y on March 3rd, 12:00 – 2:00 pm, contact email@example.com, or call 617-244-6050 x 3008.
Summer Sessions from the YCCA (Ages 12 and up)
Registration is open for the West Suburban YMCA Center for the Creative Arts (YCCA) Summer Sessions – a one-of-a-kind collaborative summer music program where participants write and record their own songs.
Participants will build and improve upon the creative skills of songwriting, filming, audio engineering, video editing, production, and instrumental or vocal performance while creating a complete, professional project featured on Spotify! For more information, contact Kevin O’Connell at x 3208.
Session 1: July 2–13
Session 2: July 16–27
Session 3: July 30–August 10
Session 4: August 13–24
Kids’ Night Out (Ages 7-13) – March 2nd, 6:00 – 10:00 pm
The West Suburban YMCA invites parents to bring their children to the Y for a fun and supervised Friday night program. Children will enjoy pizza for dinner and engage in games, swimming, movies and sports! Kids’ Night Out is held on the 1st Friday of each month. For more information, contact the Y’s Youth & Teen Services Director, Jeremy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poetry and Open Mic Night – March 2nd, 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Free and open to the public! Organized by Barbara Helfogtt-Hyett, of Poemworks.com, listen to local poets and sign up for the open mic portion of the evening to share your poetry. Featuring live music from YCCA musicians. This events repeats on the first Friday of each month.
Financial Assistance is always available for Y Memberships and Programs
The West Suburban YMCA is a non-profit charitable organization and it is our mission to never turn anyone away due to their inability to pay. Please contact our Membership Department at 617-244-6050 x 3653 for financial assistance with membership or program participation.